Has been employed by Penn State since September 1979.
Named Distinguished Professor of Education in March 2014.
Holds an academic appointment in Workforce Education and Development, and is jointly appointed in the Intercollege Dual Degree in Operations Research (since September 1994) and in Corporate Training (since September 2016).
Represents the College of Education as Senator, University Faculty Senate, and member of Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs (Faculty Development Subcommittee), term ending in 2018.
Is Faculty Associate of the Institute for Energy and the Environment at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Is a member of Advisory Group for the MultiĖState Shale Collaborative composed of research and policy organizations in New York (Fiscal Policy Institute), Ohio (Policy Matters Ohio), Pennsylvania (Keystone Research Center/Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center), Virginia (Commonwealth Institute), and West Virginia (West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy).
Academy of Human Resource Development, member of special interest groups for Quantitative Research Methods and Human Resource Development Theory
International Society for Performance Improvement, member of the Conference Committee
A supplement to this web site is available that contains information about my activity during the current semester or summer session. The site describes my employment contract with Penn State, the distribution of my workload, and a list of my current initiatives.
1. The poem, Dog, recited on Lawrence Ferlinghetti's 97th birthday:
2. A video rendition of a poem by NoŽl Coward that I prepared for a celebration of a friend's life: Nothing is Lost
3. I heard the college kids like the MTVs so I decided to use music from a Latvian band and dance from some jitterbuggers to introduce my syllabus for my Data Analysis course that I teach every Fall Semester: https://goo.gl/Aa8vUf
4. When the College of Education was not able to hold a karaoke event at a local establishment due to budget constraints, I invited folks to engage in a virtual karaoke: Karaoke for the College
5. A video rendition of a Billy Collin poem prepared as a gift for my advisee’s new baby: Aristotle
6. For a friend and her daughter who miss their husband and dad: A video and recitation of an ee cummings poem, [i carry your heart with me(i carry it in].
6. Video I made to commemorate the start of Fall Semester 2016 at Penn State: 37 Years at Penn State.